Monday, 28 June 2010

She reads...



Adalia has gone from letter and sound recognition to reading in a few short weeks!



Between ABC Reading Eggs, (thanks Steph!) and fun simple "Bob Books", Adalia now understands why we need letters... And she is in love with the idea of writing and reading!



She wakes up and after doing her chores (I love chore charts, but more about that later). Asks to play "The egg game?" or asks "Can I read to you?" and "How do you spell wombat or Chloe?" and the best one... "I need to do my homework!" I am proud as punch and can't wait for school and the fun that will bring. I love to read and even though I don't do it much these days hope my children all enjoy this pastime also.



Scarlett sent Serena some lift the flap books for her birthday...



And she looks well on the way to finding this joy, so much fun with books!
Malachi is in on the book craze that is sweeping my home at the moment too. He has realised that it is a good way to push back bed time, ask for another book, he is even enjoying the longer books that take a week or two to finish!

3 comments:

Jony and Scarlett said...

Hooray! Congratulations Adalia and mum...

I love to watch Chase with books too, he chooses to play with books often and makes his own stories up! Who knows if it even makes any sense to him but it's nice to think he likes them so much compared to his mother!

I can't believe you are sending your baby girl to big school next year or maybe more so that she will be ready to go next year!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! It's such a thrill when you see your little ones making the connections and showing a love for learning :) We love reading eggs here too, they use it at the girls school as well which is a bonus.
I love the last pic of you and Serena, just gorgeous!

Stephannie said...

What a clever little girl you have.