Saturday, 3 July 2010

Processing Grief



After THIS incident at the Easter Show, (we spent 45min over two visit holding this Guinea Pig in the petting Farm Pavilion)...



We Became the proud owners of Two cute cuddly hand rared Guinea's. This is Baby Beckham he is the Daddy as Malachi says.



This is Coco, our expectant mummy, who sadly, tragically, violently we lost when our vet aspiring child opened the cage (against the rules) around our new family dog. She was holding it the dog was biting it, it was squealing and bloody. I was traumatized!!!! Adalia sob hysterically for an hour in my arms then 30min in the shower. Between sob she apologized to Beckham for killing his "wife and babies" and begged me to "make sure the vet knew it was the dog or she would never be allowed to be a Vet or own any pets." These comments would work her up more, I tried to reassure her and felt close to tears and physically ill myself.

Finally exhausted she feel asleep in my bed.



A few weeks later, I discovered this picture in white board marker, on my concrete here....



And here...



And here on the unpainted blue board of my extension.

I know a good mum should have gotten her in trouble for using the marker,
But this mum asked about the cross over the belly and hearing her child tell her it was because Coco was with Jesus, Grandad and her childhood Pato Duck, was just happy to see that Adalia had found a way to express her grief!

3 comments:

The Kings said...

oh that is so, so sad. Poor thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh Vienna, how sad and yet so precious that she was able to understand it in her own sweet way.
(hugs) for her and you all!

Stephannie said...

Poor Coco (and Baby Beckham). I am glad Adalia has 'made her peace' with the whole incident.