Friday, 27 June 2008

When daddy is home...

Well the past week and a half Ricky has been home on annual leave, originally when we put in for this time off the plan was to go on some fun little winter escape, unfortunately for us I started serving lunch at a local cafe a month ago. It is nice time out for me and means I am only away from the kids for 2-3hours per day most if not all of which is nap time for my babies so it is win win for us, but requires that I am near by, so the holiday was out. However much to my surprise Ricky is having a lovely time with the kids doing...
Craft Daily...

Aboriginal stick and rock painting & Shaving cream hand painting,

Apparently a good activity for texture play and something that Adalia loves to get all over herself...

her daddy...
and her brother who must have had messy hair that she just NEEDED to wash,
but since he found it entertaining why get involved, right!?
Park play


Growing older

So when it comes to mile stones Adalia has just realised that as her brother grows older and is able to do more she is going to have to compete for attention, her chosen weapon of mass irritation is being overly emotional and wanting to go back to being the baby. And Malachi has hit the separation anxiety phase, and discovered his opinion, with our first all out nervous breakdown,

and all that over wanting the salty goodness of the stock cube box.

Who said vertical strips are a fashion no-no. He makes an adorable break dancer if I do say so... as a completely unattached unbiased bystander.

That is all for now, bye.

4 comments:

The Kings said...

Hi Vienna. What an awesome Daddy! I love the photos of Adalia on the swing - so cute.

Anonymous said...

Adalia looks so much like you! They are such beautiful kids.

Country/City Boy said...

Ricky is still a huge kid which is a good thing.

Looks like the kids had alot of fun with him home.

It's good about your job

Lana Knapp said...

What beautiful kids! Your family is so much like mine, although I don't have a little girl. (yet) My oldest is always competing with my little boy, but I love those two. It looks like you have an awesome little family!
Mike