This was five nights ago and after another 'two-three feed and one resettle' night to follow, I decided to put the poor kid through his paces, after all i now know he is capable and it is not just me who is suffering, Adalia shares a room with her brother and has taken to sleeping in our bed after the second or third waking, so I did it for her... Yes I'm sure it was for her?! All the same after three LONG nights of 'self settling' and stretching feeds beyond four hourly while insisting Adalia stay in her own bed till morning, last night Adalia took it upon herself to climb into the cot and cuddle her brother so that they both weren't lonely. It was such a cute idea how could I say no, anyway after getting over my initial fear that she might squish my somewhat robust 8 month old (yes I woke once in the night and had to go in and make sure) I let them laugh, babble and cuddle each other to sleep. I'm sure there is a book somewhere with a study telling me just how wrong it is, BUT it worked, ten beautiful, peaceful quite sleep filled hours later Malachi was up for a feed, and to top it off while feeding him Adalia made her way to my bed and then we all slept for another 2 HOURS before the alarm went off for work. I had honestly forgotten what it is like to wake up refreshed, not tired and full of energy even. When I told Adalia how special it was that she could help her brother and mummy get some much needed sleep she honestly said "I'm a good mummy too!" That you are honey! Sorry that there are no photos, but why tempt fate with a flash!
4 comments:
How exciting! I have had NO sleep this past week and i am hanging out for 3 hours in a row! Seth stopped feeding through the night at 3 months but still wakes up and says Mum until i come see him. Separation anxiety at its best. I guess we just have to get tough at some point! Good on you.
Hey Vienna, I'd like to get in touch with Belinda, do you have any of her contact details?
wow Vienna! thats so great! Kelsea is nearly 2 and a whole night with no waking is not the norm! great to hear about your little family!
Using your two year old as a nanny...isn't their a law against child labor :)
Post a Comment