Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Uncle Myles Visits the Bush


 We had Uncle Myles visit us and we had a blast. We went out nearly every day
 

Catching Yabbies, we had yabbie Suchi (Two Yabbies only made half a roll, next time we will have to catch more than two)
I love the spotty eyes

Gecko catching (we didn't eat them) We watched it change colors over night.


 

You can't really tell in the photo but it changed from dark with light patches to light with dark spots.


This bad boy was delicious even if i felt guilty eating my share of all 4g of meat he provided.

  

Surprisingly Adalia wanted to hold these nippy critters and was happy to eat them afterward!


   Myles has a way with wildlife.... Here he is nursing a full grown wild Falcon.


 Hand feeding, I think it tickles...

Truthfully... Ricky's car is an animal magnet this thing swooped and we thought it was gone until we looked at the front end of the car, after an hour of driving the thing was dead and stuck...  
 
Not wanting to pull it off the car he finished his business in town and drove the hour and a half home only to realise it was NOT coming off by it's self

Thankfully Myles was willing to touch it and I must say wrong as it sound I was in stitches.

(As for my water week... I didn't make it, but I did better then I have in 12 weeks so that is a start, right?)

4 comments:

Vicky said...

You are probably far away from civilization but this adventure is absolutely priceless. Love the pics!

Vienna and Ricky said...

Note to all that see our blog, try to spot the falcon's dinner plans... hint? it is also road kill stuck to the bull bar, Ricky was most upset when he realised this was another stat he can add to his carnage.

Jony and Scarlett said...

So glad he went out to spend some time with you guys, he seems to have enjoyed himself! How sad is that beautiful little face on the bull-bar...

Vienna and Ricky said...

Self inflicted. Don't feel sorry for it. Feel sorry for the little butterfly, also stuck in the bull bar