(As our computer has currently decided not to recognize any recent images from our camera I thought I would post about a topic that has been a long time coming...)
My very serious love/ hate relationship with "My Three C's
Coke, Chocolate and Cane Sugar
These Three bad guys are at the center of many of my happy moments throughout the day and have consequently been allow, even welcomed into my life despite the weight they are slowly but surly adding to my backside!
| (It is seriously an hours drive on this bad boy followed by 30min on a sealed road) |
I had thought that moving far away from shops would make the necessary separation all that much easier, but instead I find myself buying more... "Just in case".
When I got serious with myself I had to admit that there has only been one, yes one day in the three months since the move that I have gone the entire 24hour without a sweetened drink of some description. Pathetic, No?
For about six months I have been planning, trying and failing at having a deliberate "Water Wednesday"- Every week.
I need some accountability so here goes I am going to dive in and have an entire
"Water Week"
While this may be no big deal for some, sugar and caffeine help me fold the laundry when I'm tired and calm my nerves when I'm having "one of those days", They even keep me company in this new town when my husband is at work most days. I realise that I have let them become more then they really are and I am determined to regain some control, especially since two of my three children share my weakness for the above mentioned foods (can you really call them that?).
Wish me luck, for the sake of my Kidney's if nothing else!





4 comments:
oh Vienna!! Got to admit I am a sugar -a - holic myself. Its hard to beat it as it tastes so darn good. Good luck to your kidneys!!
I feel your pain. Chocolate is too often my food choice. Good luck with your water week! I think it's a great idea.
I have just read this after eating a family size block of chocolate. Maybe I need to reach for a glass of water too
Darn, I'm too late... but good luck for next time!
Post a Comment