Monday, 14 February 2011

Happy Valentines Day


As today is the "Love One Another Day" (so called by Adalia) I decided to send a little love in Adalia's lunch box so she would realise how much I think of while she is at school. This idea of teaching my children that there is a special day set aside to remind us to tell our loves how we feel got me thinking...


So, this morning when I woke up to realise we were out of milk it was dairy free pancakes for breakfast, and why not make them hearts?


Then for FHE we baked and decorated heart shaped cookies for family, friends and neighbors.


The kids loved it.


This little girl was right into the decorating and eating of the sugary treats...

This little boy LOVED it but is going through a defiant "no posing/looking at the camera when I want him to" stage...


The end result is a knock and drop at five neighbors and two extended families homes with just enough cookies left to have for supper and take to school and preschool for friends and teachers tomorrow.
And they all loved knocking on the doors and saying "Happy Valentines Day".
(I must say it was more fun for me to go door knocking and give then go door knocking and receive at Halloween).

No comments: