Sunday, 30 January 2011

First time schoolie...

I have to say my eldest is off to big school in two days and I am starting to panic... Did you know they plan on letting her walk around the playground alone, by herself or with friends and I will not be there to supervise!!!!

Does she even look old enough to you? (Ok so it's an old photo, a two year old photo, but I still see her that way). I am so excited for her and she is SO VERY excited herself...

But...

I am going to go quietly hyperventilate in the corner!

I should add that this little boy starts preschool on the same day, but he is so ready, it is only one day a week and has been begging to stay every time we dropped his sister off for the past 8months. And I love the preschool he will be attending I know and adore all the teachers but mostly... someone will be watching him every minute in the playground!

( I never though of myself as an over protective cotton wool cocoon kind of mother, I may need to rethink that...)

4 comments:

Stephannie said...

Can't wait to see her in her new school clothes.

The Kings said...

having your first one go off to school IS very scary to start with. I used to stress about the friends Jay would make, or if he would even make any friends, and if he would be lonely, or sad without me there. After the first couple of weeks I stopped stressing and just loved that he loved school, and enjoyed the time with Noah while he was away.

It gets easier - especially when you see how much they love it! Good luck!

Vienna and Ricky said...

I'm sure by the time Serena goes to school I will be trying to get her in at 4yrs... but for now I can't imagine my baby (5 year old) on her own five days a week!

Jony and Scarlett said...

I feel a little sad too... I feel like I should bear near to wish her the best! I love her so much, hope she is happy and stays away from all the fences and gates?
Cant wait to see you guys in april! xxxxx