While down on holidays one of the nicest things is that I have had time to just be Serena's mum.
It is funny how when I had only on child I thought I was busy... But looking back they were the easy days.
But it took time alone with Serena to help me appreciate her need for a mummy daughter date even at this tender age. She loves all the undivided attention.
Serena is such a fun baby to have and is so easy that I am glad she was not number one I know I would not have fully appreciate her beautiful temperament and would have had a real surprise when the next baby cried. (Something that is very rare for this baby girl)
Co-sleeping is a big part of the family I am raising... King sized mattress and all. However the some what crowded situation in our bed of a morning means that Serena and I do not often wake up alone. My mornings here are filled with Serena's cuddles, kisses and joy. Though I do really miss the love of my other babies and their daddy and can't wait for everyone to crawl into bed when I get home!
The funny thing about all this joy is that Serena has had a tummy bug since Sunday and squirms and cries in her sleep (which is sad to watch) but while awake only cries or moans briefly before vomiting.
I have always felt blessed to be able to stay home with my babies, even though of late I have felt itchy for a little more mental stimulation. Thank you Ricky for this time away it has reminded me that our little family will be in a new stage in no time at all, and to find the joy and stimulation in what I am blessed to be able to do with my family even if that happiness sometimes hides at the bottom of a pile of laundry!
1 comment:
Hey its nice to see my girls so happy. I don't get the last paragraph so I'll have to get you to explain it to me. Adalia wants to live in Guinea Pig land "Coogee" its very nice, because it has a nice beach.
Post a Comment