Thursday night at about 7pm Ricky returned from work with the happy news that he had been given a few extra shifts off and was home for the week. He then Said we should make a surprise trip to Tassie. But money and other obligations being what they are we ruled this out. Two minutes later he suggested I come down by myself with Serena... 15hours later I boarded the plane.
It was so much fun to surprise everyone down here. Today was my first whole day in my week long surprise lovely and sunny, (who would have thought...) So a trip to Hawley Beach was on.
Serena has never seen sand and Uncle Myles thought a crawl would do her good. It is lovely soft fine sand...
And after her third mouthful I decided she was not getting the "don't eat this" point and that was the end of her sand play.
It was not until the third hour after I booked my tickets that I really thought about what was involved in leaving my husband home alone on a busier then normal week. But I must say that 20hours with only one child has made me realise that one was never as busy as I thought it was and I have hugged kissed and spent more one on one time with Serena since leaving home then in a while. We do one on one time with the others but thought she was young enough that it didn't matter. That will be changing!
Ricky,thank you for being a great dad and wonderful husband, love you!
1 comment:
Daddy loves you. You guys look like you're having the time of your life. Love you girls.
Post a Comment