Since Malachi was little the poor guy suffered from very bad ear infections, at first we felt he was naughty and ignore us, he rarely engage in conversations and when he wanted something he knew that we would not understand and he would cry his eyes out. I got him in trouble so many times, because I didn't know he couldn't hear me. Due to his lack of hearing his communication skills were below average, two years after his first known case of ear infections, Vienna and Malachi would have dates together to the speech therapist where his speech improved so much.
One of Malachi's favorite things to to is sit so close to the TV, no one can see the image, because of his head, Vienna and I have told him a million times not to get back and sit on the couch. Another thing that Malachi is very good at is recognising "M" as he calls it "up down, up down for Malachi" He mastered it very well. I have tried to teach him other letters but is has been very difficult.
Malachi is very affectionate, when he speaks to you he will hold you face close to his and stroke his hands on your face, this has been very cute but sometimes (specially in the morning whilst one sleeps) it can be frustrating .
Not too long ago Malachi told Vienna, "Mum I can't sit on the couch because I can't see. Because." I've heard him say the same thing many times, but Vienna listen to him and she took him to the optometrist. After his appointment he was reffed to a specialist for a second opinion.
Malachi has extreme long vision and astigmatism. He has never seen able to see in focus and his life has been a blur since the day he was born.
It all makes sense. I'm so glad that Vienna is such a good Mum, she listens and cares for all our kids. Because of her Malachi can hear and will soon be able to see with the help of glasses which he will have to wear for the rest of his life. I feel so silly at the fact that I never did anything to help him, I just got him in trouble a lot, and it was not his fault.
It made me think about my blessings, I mean, if I was a single Dad poor Malachi would be partly deaf and partly blind. Our life is so much better because of Mums. I love you Vienna, thank you for everything you do, it is certain that without you I am lost. And to my big man, Malachi, when you read this I hope you can tell how sorry I am for being so mean to you when you didn't deserve it. I'm so sorry mate, I will spend the rest of eternity making it up to you. Love your Daddy.
One of Malachi's favorite things to to is sit so close to the TV, no one can see the image, because of his head, Vienna and I have told him a million times not to get back and sit on the couch. Another thing that Malachi is very good at is recognising "M" as he calls it "up down, up down for Malachi" He mastered it very well. I have tried to teach him other letters but is has been very difficult.
Malachi is very affectionate, when he speaks to you he will hold you face close to his and stroke his hands on your face, this has been very cute but sometimes (specially in the morning whilst one sleeps) it can be frustrating .
Not too long ago Malachi told Vienna, "Mum I can't sit on the couch because I can't see. Because." I've heard him say the same thing many times, but Vienna listen to him and she took him to the optometrist. After his appointment he was reffed to a specialist for a second opinion.
Malachi has extreme long vision and astigmatism. He has never seen able to see in focus and his life has been a blur since the day he was born.
It all makes sense. I'm so glad that Vienna is such a good Mum, she listens and cares for all our kids. Because of her Malachi can hear and will soon be able to see with the help of glasses which he will have to wear for the rest of his life. I feel so silly at the fact that I never did anything to help him, I just got him in trouble a lot, and it was not his fault.
It made me think about my blessings, I mean, if I was a single Dad poor Malachi would be partly deaf and partly blind. Our life is so much better because of Mums. I love you Vienna, thank you for everything you do, it is certain that without you I am lost. And to my big man, Malachi, when you read this I hope you can tell how sorry I am for being so mean to you when you didn't deserve it. I'm so sorry mate, I will spend the rest of eternity making it up to you. Love your Daddy.
2 comments:
Oh I'm sad, but not for Malachi, but that you are blaming yourself Ricky.
It's so hard to pick up these things, especially when kids are so young and can't really tell you something as it's just their 'normal' anyway. Vienna probably gets to spend so much more time with the kids than you do, so you shouldn't feel bad that you missed it.
Glad it's all figured out now. He will look soooo cute in glasses!
He knows you love him and he absolutely adores you!
We all love Malachi, the other night when Vienna told us about his trip to the optometrist. We were all saying how great he is, and how he is such a nice kid... there is something so beautiful about him!
Give him some hugs and kisses from us!
Post a Comment