Thursday, 7 July 2011

Good Boy Bruno!!

Since Bruno arrived I found my self laughing at him constantly.

Vienna and I agreed that we would only get small dogs (as they bring with them a small appetite and small clean up afterward). Bruno is a small dog , long but small, though we soon discovered that he has a big dog bark and in his own mind he thinks he is a big dog.

Let me say, Sausage dogs are a big dog with tini tiny legs (his legs are shorter the our chihuahua x foxie!). They eat big, clean up is big and they have big teeth.

A few months ago Bruno kept barking at the compost bin, when I decided it was enough I went to have a look and he had cornered a huge blue-tongue, I saved it from Bruno but eventually it came back when I was not home and Bruno had a lizard supper. He became a very good hunter, frogs, other blue-tongues, little lizards and minor birds who were eating his dinner.

Every time he would catch us an animal we would get him in trouble (bar the Indian minor birds) but one day he was not him self. He took sun baths, would not eat his dinner and drink water occasionally. I had a word with one of my mates who had the same dramas with his dog and stated that if Bruno had eaten a blue tong he would get sick and would not catch one again. So I went home and told Bruno it was self inflicted and he should not hunt any more.

Once he was better Bruno barked and barked his heart out, I through here he goes again, hunting. This time it was near the kids cuby house and trampoline (the kids spend a tone of time on this equipment)... Bruno had caught a small Red Belly Black Snake.

Yes this was what had caused him to be so sick and he laid near where it was hiding all the time until he was well enough to catch it.

Good boy Bruno.

1 comment:

Nettie's Blog said...

good dog Bruno...but that snake has a deadly bite ...did he get bitten then??? A happy home is having a dog i reckon...it goes with the kids!!!!