Today is going to be one of those days. The kind that most other blogging mums don't seem to have. The kind where you need to go on a long drive, alone, or sit in the corner of a shower and cry a little tear alone. Not because my life is bad but just because today I am weak, weary and overwhelmed!
It started at midnight when I was still tossing and turning thinking about life, children, money, weight, change, how to improve my energy levels, bills and how do I ever afford a laundry lady (what can I say, if you avoid thinking of these things they gang up on you and then it is not a fair battle)! It continued at 1am with Malachi's needs, 3am with Adalia joining me in bed and 4:30am when Serena decided to wake up for the day!!!! Then she went for a nap at 6:30 but the others were up.
Today I have snapped at Ricky twice, (after his night shift poor guy), cleaned up the jar of pasta sauce dropped and broken by Serena on the floor I mopped late yesterday, dragged, yes I said dragged Malachi down the hall (he wouldn't walk) after his third squeal while his dad is trying to sleep and worst of all yelled at Adalia, my 4yrs old, for starting her 'homework' without me. And this was all before 9am.
So when I foolishly thought I could have a shower and start over Malachi accidentally 'trapped' Serena in the toilet and her scream at being stuck was so mighty that it saw me running through the house, in the buff with shampoo in my hair. Oh and did I mention it is raining, (so my kids need to stay quietly indoors all day), on the laundry I hung out last night hoping to save myself a little work today!
When I finally (10am) sat at the table to help Adalia she looked at me and said, "It is going to be a long day!". Yes dear I think it is.
Here is the kicker, I have a talk for church in two weeks on... "Strengthening our homes and Families!"
3 comments:
oh Vienna glad for you the daylight is almost over - hope you get a few hours of sleep strung together, by the way other blogging mums have those days don't worry. I had to laugh at the image of you running half showered looking for a bleeding/ in agony child!!
oh boy - I know about those days that is for sure. I think if you can get some decent sleep everything seems a hundred times better. Hang in there and know we all have those days (even running through the house in the buff which isn't a pretty site in my house!). Hope that tomorrow isn't so 'long' :)
If we were all perfect with no fault homes... there would be no need for 'strengthening home and family'! Sorry you had a rough day, hope you had a nice time with Grandma.
Love you you and the family xxooxxoo
Post a Comment