Monday, 12 October 2009

Terrible 2's... BRING IT ON!

Happy 2nd Birthday Malachi.
A special day for my favorite son.
As you know 'Mothers Know Their Son's Best' and I was given strict orders to produce a cake resembling one of our son's best friends... So, Vienna cooked the cake, and it was up to me to make it look absolutely @wE$oM3 (for those that can not understand hieroglyphics it's AWESOME).



Me at my manly best. It took two entire little bottles of red food coloring to turn the pink frosting the finger staining red worth of "Rocket", at one point I thought "Honey...Do you think Malachi will be scared for life if he has a pink cake?" YES!! I had all but brought the beetroot juice for the coloring, when Vienna found the second bottle, so we had enough red for the grand creation.

So Malachi did not get a "Diego" Birthday cake (Option 1) He got Option 2 Disney Little Einsteins Rocket Cake. We had such a nice time.



Malachi's face said it all.



Vienna and Tia Scarlet made Rocket go off. All the kids help the cake blast off.



Then the party kind of died.



Where oh where is Serena in this mess of guest in sugar comas?



Happy Birthday Chini. We love you

4 comments:

Jony and Scarlett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALACHI!
It was great to be there and see all his family with him! Not to mention seeing the fantastic "Rocket" cake in person, the photo doesn't do it justice... I've loved seeing Malachi grow and change, he is a great kid despite trying his parents patience more often lately! He was wonderful when we took care of him and the girls on Saturday. He definitely brings joy and laughter to us!!! Love you all, xoxo

The Kings said...

Oh WOW - what an awesome cake!!!!! It seems like all the men are the cake decorators! Aaron also makes all our birthday cakes - very manly! ;)

Stephannie said...

Not sure what I love more, the cake or the picture of everyone flaked out on the couch!!
Great cake Ricki!

Scott said...

Troncoso - I only have one thing to say, wow, your kids are alot better looking than you :) OK, I guess one more. When did you learn to cook like that??? I wish you would have made one of those awesome looking cakes back in Jaen. That would have sweet.