Monday, 28 July 2008

Sad, sick and posing

Well I have to say against all my initial feelings, maybe daddy was onto something with Pato Duck, never had I seen Adalia so attentive to the needs of another, she cleaned poos without being asked, feed, walked, cuddled and loved her duck...

This love I speak of lasted four days, till the fateful moment she tripped while taking Pato to his feed, we hope the end was quick and painless. Nothing like the morning in my home, honestly, she cried all that day and when we tried to explain that Pato was dead and with Jesus she cried that she didn't want Jesus to have her Pato, and that "I didn't dead him", "We need to go to the hospital and see the duck doctor". She was so sad that for four days we were only moments off buying her another dog, if only we didn't have two.
Finally she calmed and was OK with the idea that Pato was with his mum and we could visit, the only thing she didn't understand is why she couldn't cuddle or catch any of the wild ducks!

Malachi is growing at an alarming rate, not that he is any bigger but I can see that the day I look at him and realise he is a little boy is not far off.

He can already "drive" his own car,

Although his sister likes to help him anytime he gets praise that she wants in on!
Is this the face of a sick boy?


I had noticed Malachi was a little out of sorts this week with a runny nose, a slight tummy bug and cuddlier then normal, but nothing too odd, especially since he was cutting another tooth, but today when we took him to the doctor we find out he has two rather sever earaches. Nothing makes you feel like a bad mum more then finding out you had no clue how sick your child was... but I never can tell with him, as he is such a good happy boy all the time, look I have proof this was taken not long after the doctor, and he is still laughing.


Adalia loves to take off the clothing we put on her and re-dress herself, oh why oh why did we teach her how to do buttons?!

You tell me, is my darling girl a poser?

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh!! So sad about the duck. Your kids are sooooo cute!

Country/City Boy said...

Poor old Pato, hope you gave him a good funeral.

So what do you think about the name Lachlan? Guess steph was glad he came nice and quick.